Monday, June 02, 2008

The Name Game... Wanna play?!?

Oh! I just remembered something I can blog about! We are, of course, trying to think of good girl names. With DJ, he was very possibly going to be called Michael (until he was born), though we did have a few other names picked out. And it was good to have several different names to choose from.

Anyway, for our girl, I want her middle name to be Mae. It is my middle name, my mom's middle name, and BOTH of my grandmothers' middle names. I'd like to keep that going! But we were having THE HARDEST time coming up with a first name that jumped out at us. Until the spring time when the cherry blossoms (sakura) were out... I thought that is a beautiful name, and would fulfill the 'requirement' for an English name and a Japanese name. So I mentioned it and didn't hear anything until recently. haha!

Anyway, so we are thinking about Sakura Mae Hirosawa. Sakura is a pretty common Japanese name for a girl. I had been thinking about Lisa Mae for a while (Lisa can be written in Japanese kanji), but Nobu didn't really like it. That is fine with me, as long as we can make her middle name Mae and as long as the first isn't too weird....

So, anyway. Whatdya think?!? Sakura Mae? Any other good ideas? We'll be more than happy to consider them!! (And they don't HAVE to be Japanese!)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm ok with Lisa...

Naming is the hardest part.

Ginger said...

I love the name Sakura Mae. I think it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I like the name Sakura as well. It is very pretty. Of course I like the name Molly as well (obviously). :)

NandL said...

Thanks guys for your comments! It is good to have input on stuff like this sometimes. Epecially with it being a Japanese name and having input from non-Japanese... :D I am still holding out for more comments, so ANYONE IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS, LET ME KNOW!! ;) I may not ask again..... hehe
Laura...

Amanda Rogers said...

Love Sakura...so pretty. Jeremy and I have always loved "Kaori", one of our favorite students in Japan was named this. Anyway, she'll be gorgeous..no matter what the name :)