Ok, so DJ, Jessica and I are on our way home from cooking class yesterday. Jessica is crying and so I GOTTA stop! I pull into a parking space at a convenience store and DJ says 'Off'. I am thinking 'Huh...?' and look up. What do I see?????? A sign with a bunch of Japanese on it and the word 'OFF'. WHEN DID HE LEARN THAT?!?!?! I was shocked and amazed!!!
So when we got home I got a piece of paper and wrote 'OFF' on it. Just to make sure I asked DJ what it was. He said 'Off'. HUH?!?!?! So I wrote 'ON' and he read that one, too! Then Nobu's mom suggested 'OK'. He didn't know it but he does now, along with YES, NO, DOG and CAT. I didn't check or anything, but apparently he was able to read them again today!
Ummmm, who taught him how to read?!?!?! Ok, so I did. But I was hardly even trying! This kid has a knack for letters. He knows all his alphabet, some hiragana, can write several letters and one hiragana. Is this normal...? I am excited to see what God has in store for this little man!!! ^-^
4 comments:
Woohoo! Way to go mom! (and DJ!) :)
that is awesome... you making a trek across the pond anytime soon?
That is amazing!
T is right on the edge. Occasionally I'll think he read something and ask, but he won't repeat it to me.
baby girl hi!!! did i ever tell you that at the same age, maybe up to a year older, you would read the octane #s off the gas pumps. i remember you said some #s and i asked you what and you pointed to the gas pumps, and there were the #s. also this was around the same time you were writing your name in mirror image.it was before shawna was born while you were in day care and i was working in town. i think its great about dj. lots of love,mom.
Post a Comment