Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cryptic? Me??

(Please scroll down to the next post and read that one before this one. The one entitled 'Motivation, PLEASE!'. I did two, one right after the other...)

Ok, so I can't remember EXACTLY what that word means. There is a dictionary in the next room, but then again there is that motivation problem... Maybe I will get on that later and do an update and change the word cryptic to something else. Who knows. Anything is possible. (Did I mention procrastination being a problem, too...?)
OK, me in an odd mood, I guess. I think that there are TONS of things that I want to post about, just don't have the words, or the time, or the motivation, or..... Hmmmmmmm, so why don't I just start throwing stuff out there and hope that it makes SOME kind of sense. hehe Have fun!

- DJ is currently learning to get dressed ALL by himself! I am sooooooo thrilled about this!!! He has been fascinated with buttons for quite a while now, and has been able to put on his pants for several months. Then he learned how to put on his shoes and then his socks (no, he doesn't put them on in that order... That is the order he learned it... :P ) And a few days ago, I finally got the idea of how to teach him to pull his shirt over his head (that one behooved me for a while. It really is quite a simple concept, come to think of it! hmmmmmm) And he has been pulling his hands through those sleeves for several months, too. So, just a bit more and he can get his shirt on ALL BY HIMSELF!!!! YEAH!!!!

- DJ is also currently learning to make his bed by himself, though things will change a bit once we get him a real bed. He currently sleeps in the crib with the mattress lowered almost to the floor and one side down, so he can get in and out by himself. But that thing is getting WAY too small for him. Why have we not moved him to a real bed, yet? Well, I have NO IDEA where to put ANOTHER bed, so I have not moved much in that direction. I want him to have his own room, but the only available room in this house is taken up by Nobu's sister (who doesn't live here anymore.) It is a complicated thing that I do not really understand and have almost no one to complain to about. Oh well...... we will see what happens....

- Baby Dyu #2 is alive and kicking (all the time seems like!) I think I feel her moving around more than I did DJ around this same time. I am hoping that it is just due to her position in the womb and isn't a signal of things to come..... I don't know that I could handle another super active child, much less one that is MORE active!!

- Mothers' Day was FANTASTIC this year!!!!!! A great big HUGE thank you to my sweet husband and to DJ, too. This was the first year that 1) I wasn't expecting ANYthing and wasn't sad about it and 2) I was honored and made to feel truly special by the two of them. (Ok, so DJ just did what Daddy told him to do... but he was cute anyway. :) ) I really was surprised! You see, in Japan, it is all about your own mother, not your wife, even if she is a mother. It is for the children to do for their mothers. And since DJ is still too young to understand any of it, he can't be expected to do anything, right? Well, in America, that would leave it up to Dad to get something done, but not here. You just have to wait till they grow up enough to 'get it'. So I was soooo surprised! Thank you so much, my Dyu!!! I love you!!!!!!! And not just for this, either. This is just icing on the cake! ;)

- Hmmmmmm, what else IS there??? Maybe along with that motivation problem thing... I am having NO nesting feelings. I think because I cannot see what to move or where to move it. Ok, I DID get a LITTLE bit done with clothing. But I need a place to put the girl's clothes... Well, actually, I need a place to put the boys clothes, since they are getting bigger and taking up too much room in the tiny drawers that we have for them. Then I can convert those tiny drawers to baby clothes drawers. But I need a place to put the drawers for big bro (and actually need those drawers, too since we don't have any yet)! That is the problem. Anyway, I just NEED to tackle clutter. We have TOO MUCH and not enough space for it.....
Anyone wanna come over and help?!?

- BUT if I look at what I HAVE been doing for a little over the past month, I CAN see SOME improvement. ^-^!! So, it is not all bad. I am making the beds every day and keeping the sink and bathroom up here clean! And the shower room, too! And I am staying on top of the laundry MUCH better than I EVER have! I have to do it every day, but at least if I DO it it doesn't get out of control and we all have our favorite clothes to wear. ^-^ That is the point. Hopefully soon I can get rid of some of those other clothes. You know, the ones that we NEVER wear, even when we have NOTHING clean! hahaha!

OK OK. This is getting long and is incredibly dull with no pics! So I'll throw a few up here and call it good for now. Hope you enjoy the pics, at least! ^-^







And check out this one from Manabu's blog. We haven't yet loaded our pics from the trip to the zoo that he took us to. But he already wrote about it and everything, so check it out. It is in Japanese, but he speaks English, too, so you can leave him a comment if you want... ;)

No comments: