Saturday, February 15, 2014

A very international post!

The other day I went out to eat with a good friend of mine. We don't get to go out much and she's really helped me out a lot. Probably more than she knows! So I wanted to take her someplace different.

The original plan was CostCo.  But it's pretty far away and we don't REALLY have the time for that. So I thought maybe Thai food would be great! We went and it was closed. Ok.... Maybe Korean food! Nope, that's closed, too.  Hmmmmm... Luckily, across the street was an Indian curry place I had wanted to try out before. And it was open!  Yes!

So we walk in, order and chat for a while. ^-^ Then the food comes. Mmmmmm, looks good!



My friend is from Jamaica, by the way. ^-^ So here we are, a Jamaican and an American out for lunch at an Indian curry restaurant in Japan. Lol!  Love it!

We split an order of veggie samosa.  Here's my half.  It was my first time to try it. I'd definitely have it again. ^-^



And we noticed a big difference in our preferences.  Here we are almost finished.



A Jamaican would have about 1/2 the amount of curry seen in the first picture with 1/4 of the plate a salad or veggies of some sort. While I, the American, would rather have more curry than rice. (For the record, the salad sounds great, too!) I was stuffed by the end of this and my friend was comfortably full.

Good food with great company equals a fabulous lunch date!  Let's dweet again sometime, yeah?!

Laura...

No comments: